The coronavirus which originated in Wuhan, China in Dec 2019 has since spread across the globe, infecting hundreds of millions worldwide and leading to millions of deaths.April 5, 2021
The coronavirus which originated in Wuhan, China in Dec 2019 has since spread across the globe, infecting hundreds of millions worldwide and leading to millions of deaths. Apart from the impact on health, the pandemic has caused serious economic and social disruption. Tens of millions of people are at risk of falling into extreme poverty and the number of undernourished people in the world could increase by up to 132 million by the end of this year. We battled the virus in our own way at Technomak. In March of 2020, when the cases of Covid-19 were slowly coming to light in different parts of the world, at Technomak Covid-19 protocols were being implemented at Technomak. By doing so, the workforce at Technomak fought the virus in their own unique way, drastically reducing the possibility of infection from the deadly virus on their premises.
Fast forward to a few months later and vaccines were announced after several trials and they were showing promising results in the trials that were conducted. A boon to a world suffering the impact of Covid-19 when it was first announced, the vaccine continues to be just that. As soon as vaccines became publicly available, several countries including the UAE procured them early to vaccinate the people before the next devastating wave of the virus. A number of people in the UAE have already been vaccinated against the coronavirus. Technomak decided to organise a vaccination drive for its employees. In the covid vaccination drive that was organized in Technomak, 90% of all employees were vaccinated, with the remaining 10% due for vaccination by mid-May. Technomak, like the rest of the world, is looking towards a Covid-free world and is doing its part to achieve this vision as early as possible.